Despite a mandatory evacuation order from South Carolina governor Henry McMaster, many Charleston restaurant and bar owners have chosen to stay put while waiting for Hurricane Dorian to hit the coast.
Many places are planning to close on Wednesday, September 4, so this could be the last chance for a meal out of the house.
Here’s what’s open:
• Poe’s Tavern is open with Taco Tuesday. 2210 Middle St.
• Wine & Co will pour a few out during the storm. 441 Meeting St.
• Nico has oysters and French seafood for any ocean cravings. 201 Coleman Blvd.
• Edmund’s Oast Brewery is open with a Pink Bellies pop-up. 1505 King St.
• Breakfast spot Daps will be open throughout the week. 280 Ashley Ave.
• Neighborhood pizza spot D’Allesandro’s is open. 229 St Philip St.
• Bishopp’s Chicken Biscuits has breakfast/lunch for you. 83 Mary St.
• Romantic bistro Chez Nous unlocked its doors on Tuesday. 6 Payne Ct.
• Indigo Road will open Indaco, the Macintosh, O-Ku, the Cocktail Club, Mercantile & Mash on Tuesday.
• Cocktail bar Proof will open the doors for all your cocktail needs. 437 King St.
• Dive bar Burn’s Alley will have beer and whiskey aplenty. 354 B King St.
• Grab some sushi at Japanese restaurant Shi Ki. 334 E Bay St.
• Slide into a seat at FIG while supplies last. 232 Meeting St.
• Grab a burrito and margarita at Minero. 153 E Bay St.
• King Street Dispensary will open for a hurricane party. 559 King St.
• Sena Cafe has snacks and caffeine. 2170 Snyder Cir.
• Stop in to Workshop to see which stalls are open. 1503 King St.
• Bon Banh Mi is going strong with Vietnamese sandwiches downtown and in Mount Pleasant.
View this post on Instagram
A: We are open normal hours today. B: NEW PIZZA OF THE MONTH! . Introducing... Rony! Roni! Roné!: pepperoni sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni cups, diced pepperoni, and fresh basil. . . . #allthepep #tonytonitone #chs #chseats #charleston #holycityeats #instafood #parkcircle #eater #eatercharleston #pizza #chucktownfoodie #buzzfeed #bonappetit #bareaders #munchies #houseofcarbs #peaceamongpizza
• Park Circle Pizza Co. is open with a new pizza of the month. 1028 E Montague Ave.
• Dive bar Moe’s Crosstown is open for burgers and beers. 714 Rutledge Ave.
• Chico Feo unlocked the doors today. 122 E Ashley Ave.
• Renzo will serve pizzas tonight. 384 Huger St.
• Harbinger is open for coffee and avocado toast. 1107 King St.
• Pizza spots EVO and Baker & Brewer are open for business.
• Sports bar the Brick will serve you a pint. 24 Ann St.
• Bottles of wine are half-off at Vintage Wine Bar. 545 King St.
• All the Famulari’s Pizzeras are open.
• Go for smoked meats at Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint. 1622 Highland Ave.
• Edmund’s Oast and Edmund’s Oast Exchange are open for all your beer/wine/chef Bob Cook needs. 1081 Morrison Dr.
• The Codfather is open for plates of fish and chips. 4254 Spruill Ave.
• YoBo Cantina Fresca has the doors open. 10 Windermere Blvd.
• Herd Provisions is hosting a hurricane party with chicken pot pie and drink specials. 106 Grove St.
• Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails is ready to go in Mount Pleasant. 735 Coleman Blvd.
• The Market at Hamby’s has tea sandwiches and casseroles ready to go. 925 St. Andrews Blvd.
• Mex 1 Coastal Cantina has three locations open with margaritas and tacos.
• Greek restaurant Stella’s is open. 114 St Philip St.
• Dalila’s has some fun cocktails for you. 21 Spring St.
Our Chief Meteorologist Steve-O is back with a special HURRICANE DORIAN weather report...stay safe out there everyone!! #weatherreport #prettysurewereallgonnadie #charlestonPosted by The Royal American on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
• The Royal American is ready to party. 970 Morrison Dr.
• Uptown Social is open with crispy bar pies and plenty of drinks. 587 King St.
• 5Church is open until further notice. 32B N Market St.
• Pearlz has all its locations open.
• Félix has French food and champagne cocktails. 550 King St.
• Josephine Wine Bar will pop open a bottle or two for you. 64 Spring St.
• HōM Charleston has burgers and ping pong. 563 King St.
• Butcher and the Boar will stay open in Mount Pleasant. 730 Coleman Blvd.
Are you going out? Tweet at us @EaterCHS, or email email@example.com. Eater will be updating this post.