On Wednesday, August 28, Charleston Wine + Food will release the tickets for the upcoming 2020 season. Tickets are snapped up in a matter of moments when the shopping starts. Here are a few gems worth purchasing immediately. Listed in no particular order.
- Soul Stroll. Dine at Charleston’s top Southern and Gullah Geechee restaurants, like Martha Lou’s Kitchen, Nana’s Seafood & Soul, and Hannibal’s Kitchen. Owners and chefs will share their stories with guests. (Thursday, March 5, starting at 9 a.m. Tickets: $115)
- Olmsted Pop-Up. Chef Greg Baxtrom of New York’s Olmsted and Maison Yaki will take over the Leon’s Oyster Shed for a night of seasonal eating. (Thursday, March 5, at 7 p.m. Tickets: $225)
- The Grocery Signature Dinner. James Beard award-winner Chef Alon Shaya of Saba will join chef Kevin Johnson at the Grocery for a spectacular evening of dining. (Thursday, March 5, at 7 p.m. Tickets: $185)
- The Italian Situation. Home Team BBQ pitmasters Aaron Siegel and Taylor Garrigan join chefs Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman of Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen to bring the flavors of Italy to the Southern smokehouse. (Thursday, March 5, at 7 p.m. Tickets: $185)
- Beyond Borders. Join chefs Maneet Chauhan, Shuai, Alon Shaya, and Janice Hudgins as they share their migration stories and food. (Saturday, March 7, at 11 a.m. Tickets: $150)