It was all sunshine and cooler weather at Charleston Wine + Food this year. From guest chefs to local superstars, Marion Square was overrun with a tremendous amount of talent. In between bites at the Culinary Village or the Signature Dinners, visitors continued to eat, drink, and party all over the Holy City. The weekend started with the fabulous, two-tent Opening Party on Wednesday night, with every big name in town, and raged all the way until the barbecue-laced Toasted event on Sunday evening, leaving everyone smelling like firewood.
Did you have a favorite moment? Did you get to brush shoulders with chef Nancy Silverton, share a chat with Sean Brock, or met Charleston newcomer Digby Stridiron? Let us know in the comments. If you had a favorite bite or sip, let us know that too.
While you recover from hangover, take a look around here to see the rest of highlights.
1. Marion Square was packed with booze, bites, and beats from local bands.
2. There were guest chefs, like Nina Compton, Mashama Bailey ...
... Nancy Silverton ...
... Sheldon Simeon ...
... Vivian Howard with Columbia’s Kristian Niemi ...
... and Kristen Kish with Charleston’s Digby Stridiron.
3. The Dewberry threw a luxurious private party with Williams Sonoma, Regalis Foods, Rob Mondavi, and Gail Simmons.
4. The tables were packed with uni, caviar, wagyu, crab claws, and champagne.
5. And this 700 pound tuna.
And that’s how I wrapped my end of the @chswineandfood The party at @thedewberrycharleston was epic and once my request of Bollywood songs was obliged by the amazing DJ I hit the floor with some lively company!! (Yes I can’t dance for nuts , but what I lack in grace I make up in enthusiasm) #chswff #bringingbollywoodtothesouth #allindiansdoknoweachother #epicparty #kaalachashma
6. And then the dancing.
That’s a wrap for #chswff 2k18! @grgettles and I closed things out today by getting our asses kicked and I couldn’t have been in better company (cc: @cheftimmo and team @mercantileandmash). This was a fast four days working hip to hip with my friend and inspiration @millerunionchef who brought me to cook along side amazing talents @jillmathias @vpetrillo at @cheznouscharleston + @zerogeorgest. A very special thanks goes out to @chase #marriottcard for sponsoring memorable meals from some of the nations best chefs and wine/spirits producers. Also to my friends and family (@laurenutvich & @elo_adams) who source product, check me into hotel rooms, took pictures, and give me the support that I need as a small business owner. Without them, I couldn’t have taken advantage of all of the opportunities I was given in such a short period of time. I couldn’t be more grateful. Ok, I’m going to finally sleep now. Catch you on the flip side! @laurenutvich
7. Chef Sarah Adams attempted to cure hangovers with fried chicken congee on Sunday.
8. The Queens on King drag brunch on Sunday was one of the most highly photographed events, until everyone discovered the Rosé All Day sign in the Culinary Village. Don’t stop scrolling until you make it to the last one — that guy nailed it.