Welcome to day four of the 9th annual Eater Awards, honoring the most esteemed restaurants, bars, chefs, and more in cities across the world. Here’s how the Eater Awards work: All 24 Eater cities and the national site will award prizes in multiple categories, including but not limited to Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, and Design of the Year. In each category, editors will choose an editor’s choice winner and readers will vote for a reader’s choice winner — all to be announced on December 5, 2018. Editor’s choice winners will receive an illustrious tomato can trophy, as is the tradition around here. Eater will also further the fanfare, running a splashy feature about every editor’s choice winner throughout the course of the coming year.
Today, you’re voting for Pizza of the Year.
Brush up on the details on today’s nominees before voting, if you’d like:
• Chef John Amato and restaurateur Brooks Reitz ate their way through Italy to come up with the pizza and other offerings at North Central addition Melfi’s.
• Giant sports pub Uptown Social brought in former Roberta’s chef Anthony Falco to perfect the crisp bar pies on the menu.
• Hip neighborhood restaurant Renzo offers interesting toppings on its neo-Neopolitan and Detroit-style pizzas, like the Wrath of Kahan with piquillo pepper sauce, medjool dates, and chorizo.
• For those who like the crust a bit thick, Uneeda Sicilian has the slice for you. The grandma pies are the way to go.
• Toni’s Detroit Pizza specializes in just that. The squares are baked at 500 degrees in blue steel pans, just like they do it in Motor City.
Now, without any further ado, it’s time to vote for the reader’s choice winner in the Design of the Year category. Polls will be open for 24 hours and will be strictly policed for funny business. Choose wisely: