Co-owners of French bakery Framboise, Dominique and Florence Chantepie, moved a step closer to expanding their footprint in Harleston Village with signage declaring that Bistro A Vin is coming soon. First reported in The Post & Courier, the new eatery at 40 Archdale St. will serve “beer, mostly French wine and offer cheese, charcuterie and other finger foods.” The space was previously an olive oil shop.
Bistro A Vin follows a trend of Francophile restaurants opening in Charleston recently. Paris bar Felix, modern French brasserie Purlieu, and French oyster bar Nico have all opened in the past few months.
A new French restaurant is fairly unique in Harleston Village however. Brasserie Gigi was the last to set up shop in the area, but it shuttered to make way for a t-shirt shop. For those looking for French wines before Bistro A Vin opens, go down a few blocks to Bin 152.
• Retail: New Bistro Headed to Downtown Charleston [P&C]
• Toast Happy Hour in Parisian Bar Felix [ECHS]
• Take a Trip to Paris at Westside Bistro Purlieu [ECHS]
• 5 Things to Know About Shem Creek’s Nico [ECHS]
• Former Brasserie Gigi Space Now Sells T-Shirts to Tourists [ECHS]
• All Bin 152 Coverage [ECHS]