Wyatt Dickson, Ryan Butler and Ben Adams of Durham, North Carolina’s pork-centric eatery PICNIC will host a NC Barbecue Revival this October. They are inviting all the big names in smoked meats to celebrate and honor the tradition of whole hog cookery. The three-day event will take place at PICNIC’s farm partner Green Button Farm on October 28 -30.
The activities for the weekend include intimate dinners, a vegetable-forward lunch, educational farm tours, barbecue symposiums, and more.
The guest list for the Revival would impress anyone familiar with the Eastern barbecue community. Here’s a sampling of who will be in attendance:
- Elliott Moss of Buxton Hall in Asheville, North Carolina (recently named a top ten new restaurant by Bon Appetit)
- Sam Jones of Skylight Inn in Ayden, North Carolina
- Bryan Furman of B’s Cracklin BBQ in Savannah
- Tyson Ho of Arrogant Swine in Brooklyn
- John Lewis of Lewis Barbecue in Charleston
- Justin Burdett of Local Provisions in Asheville (one of Eater’s “21 Best New Restaurants in America”)
- Phoebe Lawless of Scratch in Durham
- Writer Robert Moss, Southern Living’s barbecue expert
- Writer Rien Fertel, author of The One True Barbecue
- and more
Ticket prices for the events vary, and proceeds will benefit the Triangle Land Conservancy. For more details on all the events and guest pitmasters, visit the Revival website.
- PICNIC [Official]
- NC Barbecue Revival [Official]
- Green Button Farm [Official]
- Buxton Hall [BA]
- 21 Best New Restaurants in America [EN]
- Triangle Land Conservancy [Official]