clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

The Westendorff Restores Original Signage From 1915

The building at 114 St. Philip St. comes alive.

The Westendorff
The Westendorff
Eater Charleston
Erin Perkins is the editor of Eater Carolinas.

Owner of upcoming daily brunch restaurant The Westendorff, Steven Niketas, has taken great care to preserve and restore some of the original details of the historic building. Just this weekend, the restaurant revealed its newly overhauled sign that sat in disrepair for several years.

Niketas has gone to such lengths restoring 114 St. Philip St., the Historic Charleston Foundation presented him with a Robert N.S. and Patti Foos Whitelaw Founders Award in recognition of his work in the "rehabilitation and adaptive reuse" of the building.

The restaurant is scheduled to open in June.