To keep seafood lovers hooked, upcoming King Street restaurant The Darling Oyster Bar sent a selection of menu items out today. Here's the lineup from chef Joe DiMaio:
· Snapper Toast with potato, pickled red onion, country ham on sourdough;
· Shellfish pot pie laden with lobster, shrimp and root vegetables, served with a green salad;
· Oyster spaghetti that pairs a lemon caper butter sauce with oysters, breadcrumbs, celery root and bacon;
· A fried flounder recipe that anchors a collection of sandwiches;
· and its street side raw bar will feature oysters, crab, shrimp, clams and other seasonal offerings.
The press release also states that The Darling menu will "be anchored by a collection of fried seafood platters."
The Darling will open in the former Union Provisions space (with the same owners) in early 2016.