clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Christmas Eve Fire Shuts Down Anson Restaurant

While preparing for Christmas dinner, the kitchen crew at Market staple Anson Restaurant was forced to evacuate after a grease fire started and took over the back wall of the building. No one was injured, but Post and Courier reports that the address will be closed for an unforeseeable amount of time.

A sign posted in the window today read "Closed due to fire. Sorry. Sorry." This note was next to a "UNSAFE" warning stapled by the Charleston Fire Department. Eater didn't see any damage to the outside of the building, but there were several disaster restoration machines, used to clean up after emergencies, set around the restaurant.
· Anson Restaurant [Official]
· Christmas Eve fire shuts down Charleston's Anson Restaurant for uncertain length of time [P&C]

Anson Restaurant

12 Anson St., Charleston, SC

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Carolina newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter.